Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2015 2500: Cannot customize anything thru MyLink screens

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2014, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 2500: Cannot customize anything thru MyLink screens

According to the manual, I'm supposed to be able to customize things such as having the heated seats flip on when remote-starting the vehicle. I have that selected under Vehicle > Start options on the MyLink screen, but it doesn't happen. In fact, nothing I change through those screens has any effect. Even though it shows the checkmarks where I want them, those things aren't happening.

A restore to factory defaults has no effect. The factory default actually enables auto mirror folding and heated seat activation but neither happen.

As of now, remote start turns on the air conditioner and the rear window defroster. I'd kill to have the front defroster and the heater come on when I remote-start the truck.

Last edited by DrDon; November 22nd, 2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old November 29th, 2014, 1:01 AM
CF Beginner

Have you had any luck? Is it cold when you try to get the heated seats to come on with remote start?
Old November 29th, 2014, 7:54 AM
CF Beginner

Very. I'm in Detroit. So, it's been in the teens and 20s numerous times over the past three weeks. Seats cold as ice when I get in the truck, even after running for 10 minutes.

In my old truck, I could leave the defroster on and the fan on "hi" and that's exactly what it would do when auto-started. Windshield would be thawed before I got in the truck. Not this one. Defroster doesn't come on much with auto start.

I did figure out the folding mirrors. Thought that was supposed to be automatic, but it's a key-fob function.