Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2015 Silverado 2500 MyLink locking up

Old July 28th, 2014, 10:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Silverado 2500 MyLink locking up

2015 Chevrolet 2500 HD Bi-Fuel with MyLink Nav

Recently, the MyLink system has started locking up on me. This follows a recall software upgrade to fix an odometer issue. Don't know if the issues are related:

1. After an OnStar call completes, navigation information is sent to my vehicle. After that, the radio will sometimes not come back on. I hear the turn-by-turn directions just fine, but the radio is silent until the truck has been shut off for 15 minutes. NOTE: I could still change stations and see title/artist, but there was no sound. Muting/unmuting did nothing and the display was stuck. Could not change to the navigation, weather, phone, Home Menu, Radio..anything. Stuck. Turn-by-turn icons continued to display properly. NOTE: This hasn't happened when navigation instructions are downloaded to my navigation system. Only with turn-by-turn (there IS a difference)

2. Upon trying to change stations using the steering wheel controls, the radio now stops functioning. Volume shows zero. The the dashboard "favorites" readout cycles through the favorites, but won't tune any of them. The dashboard display shows the previously tuned station, but no title/artist and no sound. The MyLink display was stuck in navigation. "Radio" "Home" "Menu" along with the touch display did nothing. After about five minutes of silence, it all came back at once, scaring the crap out of me.

SO.. in 1) Was that a code error from OnStar or is it a flaw in MyLink

in 2) I'm guessing software glitch in MyLink. How do I reboot the thing while driving? Cycling off, then on doesn't seem to do anything. In 1) the truck had to be off for a while for things to reset.
Old August 6th, 2014, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Service department re-loaded all the software. Seems to have fixed it.
Old August 7th, 2014, 1:39 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Glad to hear the service department was able to address your concerns, DrDon. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here forward with your 2015 Silverado. Please know we're here if you happen to have any future concerns or inquiries.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 9th, 2014, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

There's still a "sometimes" issue when MyLink connects to my Windows Phone via BT. Some of the steering wheel buttons stop working. Most notably the voice command and the mute/hang up button. Have to reboot the phone or turn off the truck to get those back. With any luck, the upcoming update to Windows Phone 8.1 will solve that.
Old August 11th, 2014, 1:35 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi DrDon,

I will be sending you a private message in regard to your MyLink concern. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 21st, 2015, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Hi, I am new to this forum and am taking my 2015 HD into the dealership this afternoon. My radio and My link lock up off and on and its only one month old. The radio wont shut off and all of the buttons are disabled when this happens and the Onstar is also disabled. I have to unplug the battery in order to shut down everything. After I leave it set for a minute or two and plug the battery back in it reboots and is normal again until the next time I try starting my truck with my app on the phone or until I enable the BT and use my phone while in the truck. I sure hope this is going to get fixed and am anxious to see what the dealership says?
Old January 21st, 2015, 2:15 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by rickfnascar
Hi, I am new to this forum and am taking my 2015 HD into the dealership this afternoon. My radio and My link lock up off and on and its only one month old. The radio wont shut off and all of the buttons are disabled when this happens and the Onstar is also disabled. I have to unplug the battery in order to shut down everything. After I leave it set for a minute or two and plug the battery back in it reboots and is normal again until the next time I try starting my truck with my app on the phone or until I enable the BT and use my phone while in the truck. I sure hope this is going to get fixed and am anxious to see what the dealership says?
Welcome to the forum, please do follow up with how your service visit goes... do keep in mind when you disconnect the battery you may also be wiping out any stored trouble codes and the service technical may not find anything wrong because any diagnostic information was wiped out.
Old January 24th, 2015, 1:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default update

I took my truck in and 4 hours later they had completed a software upgrade. First they said they couldnt find anything but did ask me more questions. I reminded them that the Mylink screen had gone black on one occasion and even with the Onstar locked up and none of the controls working, the radio remained on until I disconnected the battery. They went back to work and discovered a software upgrade available for issues with black screens and they did that. It appears to be OK so far but the screen looks much different. I havent had a chance to verify that the bluetooth and remote start wont lock it up again but will soon. I am remaining positive though and hope it is fixed. I have read online that others receiving this upgrade have not had any other issues. I will keep everyone posted.
Old January 25th, 2015, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Which brings me to a question. How do we know when updates are available? My dealership tells me they're automatically downloaded to the truck and I should never have to bring it in.

Admin?
Old January 25th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by DrDon
Which brings me to a question. How do we know when updates are available? My dealership tells me they're automatically downloaded to the truck and I should never have to bring it in.

Admin?
Your best bet is regular trips to the dealership for regular maintenance and while there, as if there are any updates available...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Silverado 2500 MyLink locking up