Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Back to the dealer...

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2014, 6:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Back to the dealer...

...with more electrical/electronics issues. Knock on wood, everything mechanical on the truck has treated me well. But I've had a handful of silly issues with the electronics. October 2013 I brought it in, truck would not stay running for more than a few seconds - ended up being a bad anti theft module. Earlier this summer the battery drained to a stone-dead state in a few hours, the dealer had no explanation to offer. Now my gauge cluster (even after stopping and restarting the motor a few times) is giving me issues. The other day when I drove to work it was fine. On my way back, the tach was frozen at 1600 RPM, no reading on the speedo, temp gauge, instant fuel economy, tranny temperature, and the gear selection indicator (just had the PRNDM without the underlined selection). Oil pressure and fuel gages were at what I assume to be their last known reading. Only indicator that worked was the battery voltage. DIC was responsive but things like tranny temp just read " --- ". Odometer was also not counting up on my whole commute home. But the cluster had power because the backlight was on, DIC was responsive, turn signal indicators worked, etc. Seems more like a data communication issue. Very odd. Anybody seen this happen before? After letting the truck sit for a while, everything was fine again. Has not done it since. Truck is going to the dealer tomorrow, I don't even know why - my guess is they will likely say no issues found. Wish me luck!

Last edited by Monorail_Red; September 4th, 2014 at 6:49 PM.