Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

4x4 Issues

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2011, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 Issues

Hey, I'm new to this forum. But I have an issue. We just had our first big snow storm here in Maine and of course, my 4 wheel drive has decided to not work. When I click the push button 4x4low it "engages" and I feel the low gears, but my front tires are deffinitly not spinning. I was thinking it could be my actuator motor? Any ideas?
Old November 26th, 2011, 12:22 AM
CF Beginner

Do you have manual or automatic locking hubs?
Old November 26th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> stevesobel24,
Welcome to the forum! It may be the actuator; however it is difficult to say. It may be best to stop by your local dealer and have them give it a quick inspection. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 27th, 2011, 1:22 AM
CF Beginner

hello i am also new to this forum i have a 1997 chevy with push button 4wd when i turn the key on the 4hi and 4lo lights come on the 2hi never comes on when the trucks in park 4wd will do nothing when in N push the 4hi button the 4hi and 4lo lights blink under dash module clicks but never changes some times the lights both stay on after they stop flashing some times they dont when they do pust the 2hi button it does the same thing the 4hi and 4lo lights fash then go out the 2hi light never comes on durring this hole thing does any one know what my problem is?
Old November 27th, 2011, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

They are auto hubs, the actuator is what locks them I believe. I took out the actuator and put my hand inside the space that the actuator came out of and all I felt and got was oil... could it be my transfer case?