Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

454 issues

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2020, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 454 issues

So i had an engine go on me and i decided to swap my blown 1998 454 for a 1993. the only issue is one was carbureted and my trucks computer was for a fuel injected engine. so with all parts being interchangeable except a few i fabbed up, i just ended up swapping everything to fuel injection. but my problem that i’m facing now is my truck stalls. i replace the exhaust for headers and forgot that my egr has to hook up. so i made a pipe run down to it and it has a small exhaust leak there but it still idles rough and stalls. not sure if it’s my egr or eliminated o2 sensors or what but if anyone has an idea thank you. here are some pictures of my work if anyone can try to see what is going on, and yes ik i’m not a great welder 😂

egr set up

Old December 20th, 2020, 3:54 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Connor454
So i had an engine go on me and i decided to swap my blown 1998 454 for a 1993. the only issue is one was carbureted and my trucks computer was for a fuel injected engine. so with all parts being interchangeable except a few i fabbed up, i just ended up swapping everything to fuel injection. but my problem that i’m facing now is my truck stalls. i replace the exhaust for headers and forgot that my egr has to hook up. so i made a pipe run down to it and it has a small exhaust leak there but it still idles rough and stalls. not sure if it’s my egr or eliminated o2 sensors or what but if anyone has an idea thank you. here are some pictures of my work if anyone can try to see what is going on, and yes ik i’m not a great welder 😂

egr set up

Well, it makes my head hurt. Dealing with emissions you are going to have to deal with a cat. If you don't have to worry with emissions, engine stalls lack of fuel. The tbi on the new engine, clean it, also I think obd1 could be a problem with the non-carbe'd engine