Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

90 k1500 light issue

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2012, 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 k1500 light issue

ok. I hope someone is ready for this. I have alot of questions and probably not all the details you want.

I noticed early this morning when it was dark that my turn signals werent working. When it got light out I went and checked it out to notice they were working again. I then turned on my headlights and they stopped blinking. I went out to look and also seen the tail lights werent on either. I googled a bunch and came up with maybe a bad ground somewhere. I didnt see anything bad from what I checked and then seen the socket for the middle bulb in the back were kinda burnt. I changed the whole tail light unit on both sides and its still doing the same thing. I changed the headlight switch and still nada. I dont see that any bulbs are bad but after swithcing a few now the signals blink VERY slowly with the headlights on9 like4 seconds betweeen blinks slow). THe tail lights still dont work. I also noticed that if I turn only my parking lights on they are very bright like they should be, when I hit the headlights they dim very low. With the headlights off everything works like it should.

Any suggestions? I havent check with a voltmeter yet , that will be tomorrow. I also want to know where abouts does the ground for the tail light harness go to on the body? Could I just cut it and wire it to another area? Could it be the relay switch and if so, where is it located?

I know, its alot, but im bout ready to dig my eyes out and just have someone drive me around.

Please help

Thanks
Jinx