Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

91 Chevrolet truck heat control Help??

Old March 30th, 2011, 7:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Chevrolet truck heat control Help??

I have a 91 Chevrolet 2500 Silverado Truck. My problem is....my Air blows only on the Floor mode, no matter what "Try" to turn it to? It blows air, heats fine.....Blows out Very warm or cold air (High or Low) Its just stuck on The floor....it won't swithch to vent or Defrost. Can someone please Help with problem?? Thanks
Old March 31st, 2011, 8:21 AM
CF Active Member

look at the heater box beside your left foot (as you set in the drivers seat) there are 2 boxes or modules one low and one hi. watch these and move the settings on HVAC controls. watch for movement and noise from them. there is also linkages on both, they need to be checked. I have a gallon can of modules, I'll let you have one or two for shipping. if nothing happens it is more than likely you're controller, and I do not have one of those.
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:13 AM
CF Junior Member

My controller cable broke and was stuck on the vents. Took it to the mechanic, they switched the flaps to defrost mode for me as this was the most important need. (frost every morning)

I did't have the extra money for the repairs as my extisting repair bill wa $1200 already

going five years this way and I am ok with it.
Old April 1st, 2011, 6:46 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks!!

Yea......I ash around at the dealership the other day and was told to look there!! The actuators work....looks like the bracket that holds the actuator broke and in turn it broke the end on the flap.....as it was cocked up and put it in a bind!!
Does anyone know how hard it is to change that flap? Looks like the dash will have to come off?? Or maybe a way to fix this??
Old April 1st, 2011, 6:50 AM
CF Beginner

I was able to swithch from floor to defrost mode bye flipping the flap bye hand......once I took the actuactor off!!
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:46 AM
CF Junior Member

For my truck...the cable cost $125.00 and the labor was about $100 more. Yes they will have to take off the dash..time consuming!