Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:37 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brakes
Print Wikipost

brake lines on silverado

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2009, 3:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake lines on silverado

I copied this from another link, I have the same problem, and since this one was old it wasnt going to get answered.
am replacing the brake lines on my 01 Silverado on account of failure of one of the lines due to corrosion.
Anyways, I am trying to trace the lines back from the proportioning valve and it's kind of a pain. Can anyone help me identify the which inputs go where so I can just cut them all off...it will save some time. There are three lines on the top and two on the bottom of the valve body. One goes to the rear of the truck (top right I believe when facing the lines) and then two go to the master cylinder and two go the front brakes but I don't know which is which.

Any other tips or tricks on this DIY project appreciated.
Old September 13th, 2009, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default Brakes

Did you ever get an answer? I have the same problem...Can't remember which lines go to the master cylinder.?

Thanks

Originally Posted by tecate1987
I copied this from another link, I have the same problem, and since this one was old it wasnt going to get answered.
am replacing the brake lines on my 01 Silverado on account of failure of one of the lines due to corrosion.
Anyways, I am trying to trace the lines back from the proportioning valve and it's kind of a pain. Can anyone help me identify the which inputs go where so I can just cut them all off...it will save some time. There are three lines on the top and two on the bottom of the valve body. One goes to the rear of the truck (top right I believe when facing the lines) and then two go to the master cylinder and two go the front brakes but I don't know which is which.

Any other tips or tricks on this DIY project appreciated.
Old September 13th, 2009, 7:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default lines

I didnt get an answer but I traced the lines, what a pain.
There are 5 lines in the
the bottom 2 are the master cylinder lines,
the top ones are the front brake lines, and the top outer towards the driver door is the rear line, easiest to figure out.
I can get more details if you want specific locations. let me know, I took out all the old lines and replaced all front lines, easier and made room for lines to fit thru.
Old September 13th, 2009, 9:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default brakes

Thanks got it from a friends truck....

Got it...

Master cyclinder front line goes to the abs module under the drvr truck frame looking toward the rear vehicle directly at the fittings

Master cyclinder rear line goes to the above left side abs modulator.

Looking at the ABS mod-

top 3 rows, left goes to drivers frnt brake-middle passgrs frnt brake-right takes car of the rear disks brakes.

Hope this helps someone. Now to figure out how to bleed after changing all the corroded lines.

Anyone know how to do this? Been hearing there is issues with the air in the modulator/ABS??????????/

THanks
Old September 14th, 2009, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default bleeding

I did mine the same as normal.

I started with the back furthest from the master, right rear, then left rear, front right, the front left. I had to go thru the process 2-3 times to get out all the air. seems good.