Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

93 1500 tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2014, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 1500 tranny problems

Hello all, just joined the forum and just bought my first chevy last weekend, on sunday. So Ill start from the beginning I bought the truck because I was in an accident and for the money I got back the truck was perfect. It had what I thought were all minor issues but she ran like a champ. Towards tuesday it started to act funny when I took the truck out on my lunch break and when I got back I tried backing into my parking space and she wouldn't go into reverse. I parked the truck and it sat parked for 2 hours before I went out on my last break to check if reverse would work and it did. She drove normal after that for a few miles but then it acted like it couldn't get into gear and my speedo and revs were all over the place and so I pulled over and let her sit and she drove great but hated 3rd gear. So now the truck won't go anywhere and when it does it doesn't know what gear to go into and won't shift and if Im at a stop light the light turns green and she stutters bad and moves only a little bit then after a few feet it kicks in it moves but past 15mph is when all the problems happen. So if you guys could help me out it would be much appreciated.