Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

93 Sierra passenger door rattle!

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2012, 5:55 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Sierra passenger door rattle!

Just bought a 93 GMC Sierra stepside. Been in storage for three years, was an Airman's truck who is deployed. Beautiful, clean truck, was taken care of like that airman took care his plane. The passenger door is acting like it's not fully closed and rattling to the point of being annoying over every little bump in he road. It has been doing it for a while apparently, because there is a wear mark actually grooved into the cab metal from the up and down wiggle. I know it's up and down because I can look over at it while driving and see it's motion. Hinges are tight as a drum. I have compared the drv door to it, no differences to the mechanisms visually. Anyone had this issue?
Old April 26th, 2012, 9:55 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

There is an adjustment to the door locking mechanism. Not sure about the 93 but its is either on the door or the door jamb. This adjustment tightens up the way the door closes. Is this a regular cab or extended cab?
Old May 1st, 2012, 4:07 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The door locking/catching mech does feel sticky and slow moving. I will spray it down with degreaser and wd-40. I dont see and adjustment. There are the three TORX bolts that hold it in there, and nothing else. I have googles myself stupid trying to find adjustments. They all talk about hinges.
Old May 1st, 2012, 7:55 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is two ways 1 is hinge screws and the other way is easier if your truck has it there Dior hinge washers they go in the pin
I won't lie doing to hinge screws are hard if you have never done it