Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

94 Silverado Fuel Pump/Line Replacement

Old September 15th, 2007, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Silverado Fuel Pump/Line Replacement

Came to forum looking for info on troubleshooting fuel pump problems . I got some useful info so I will continue to share notes on the private life of my 94 silverado. I'm finishing the install of the fuel tank today. Dropped the tank and found alot of rust and corrosion thatI had to treat. Also the hard lines were severly corroded. Decided to replace the whole pump assembly. The three lines from the fuel pump assy. to first unions near at fuel filter were $100 plus per line from dealer. I bought hard brake lines, fuel injector tubingand compression fittings and made my own. Instead of spending $350 on just the factory linesI spent about $100 and replaced the fuel inlet hose, breather and rust proofed before I began install. I also recommend using rubber padding or RTV on the inside of the plastic protective tub the tank sits in as the plastic chaffs on the bottom of the tank and can give corrosion a good place to start. The fuel pump assy. was approx. $220 from Murrays Auto. A new pump and screen was close to $80. Whe you drop the tank and look at the condition of the hardware you will probably make the same choice. By the way when you drop the tank and do the lines. It would be an excellant time to replace the brake line as it runs in the same clamps and standoffs as the fuel lines and the change out is a breeze if you have the tank out of the way.

Any body else with aSilverado that can post service tips would be greatly appreciated. This is the best placeI have found so far for discussion, comments and tips. I'll post again when I finish and start my next project, shock installation.