Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Trouble with tow light

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2012, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with tow light

Have 2005 Chev 4x4 that is giving me some quirks. First started with the temp guage working intermitently and when this happens the "check engine" light sometimes is on. When these two are not working properly the tow/haul button will only work when in P or N. In otherwords I can put the button to turn tow/haul on in P or N but when I put it it any gear I can'not turn it off or on. If it was off when I put it in gear it won't turn on, if it was on when I put it in gear it won't off.

Any ideas?
Old January 29th, 2012, 4:43 PM
clm
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

broken wires are a pretty common problem. they typically break at the base of the shift lever.
Old January 30th, 2012, 5:35 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> praaa_5,

I would like to look into this issue further for you. Could you please PM me your VIN number so I can check if there is additional information available?

Is this a recent occurrence or has it been happening for awhile? Have you taken the vehicle in for an inspection for this issue?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service