Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Quality Spill???

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2022, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality Spill???

Can someone explain to me what quality spill is?

We ordered a duly and it has been finished and sitting at the manufacturer for 7 weeks now. We tried to get approval to go pick it up ourselves or hire a transporter since it's been done and was supposed to be delivered by last week. We gotte no real answer on if we were allowed to do this and they know at this point we are getting frustrated because we're here in desperate need of our truck since it's preventing us from be able to move. So now out of the blue we get a call from the dealership, they say there's a quality spill. We can't have our truck. We will have to go find one to buy or reorder another and they'll see if they can give us the same price.

I don't understand how it could be sitting there for 7 weeks FINISHED and all of a sudden there's a quality control issue.... Has anybody else having this problem? It's the Flint Michigan plant.

Old April 14th, 2022, 10:21 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scarwell01
Can someone explain to me what quality spill is?

We ordered a duly and it has been finished and sitting at the manufacturer for 7 weeks now. We tried to get approval to go pick it up ourselves or hire a transporter since it's been done and was supposed to be delivered by last week. We gotte no real answer on if we were allowed to do this and they know at this point we are getting frustrated because we're here in desperate need of our truck since it's preventing us from be able to move. So now out of the blue we get a call from the dealership, they say there's a quality spill. We can't have our truck. We will have to go find one to buy or reorder another and they'll see if they can give us the same price.

I don't understand how it could be sitting there for 7 weeks FINISHED and all of a sudden there's a quality control issue.... Has anybody else having this problem? It's the Flint Michigan plant.

I just got the same call, my 3500 has been shipped and has been sitting at the shipping depo for the last 4 weeks. now they tell me that there are 380 3500 series that were in a "spill", no one knows what that means and they are telling me that they are all considered "Unsellable ". This is the craziest thing I have ever heard !
My dealership doesn't know yet about what GM will be doing about replacing the vehicle.
Old April 22nd, 2022, 8:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 266 Likes on 232 Posts

If you’re still needing an answer to your question -

A quality spill is when the manufacturer realizes that defective or low quality parts are being used/installed on their vehicles after-the-fact. The primary concern is the parts can potentially lead to safety concerns/recalls/liability/etc.

I’m guessing your truck was discovered to have said parts, and one possible reason for it sitting so long was a result of attempts to source replacement parts without any luck.
The following users liked this post:
oilcanhenry (April 22nd, 2022)