Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trying to figure out my trim?

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2010, 8:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to figure out my trim?

Hi all, I just joined last night. My name is Angie and I have a 2010 Silverado LT 4x4. I bought it new on Aug. 10. The tag on the keys says 1LT though and I don't know what that even means. I have never heard of that and yes, I have googled it and it isn't helping much. My truck has a lot of chrome on it, and I have never seen another one like it. I am just trying to figure out what that trim is. It's got chrome tow hooks, wheels, mirrors, door handles, step up rails and a fat exhaust tip that is chrome and has a Chevy logo embedded into it. Any idea on this? Photos are in my album.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=936&pictureid=3414

Last edited by pa1998; August 30th, 2010 at 8:08 AM. Reason: link was not linking to correct photo
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

is it leather?
power windows and locks?
what does the owners manual say?
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Not leather. Has power doors/locks, remote start, XM, traction control. It is not an LTZ I do know that much. The owners manual says Silverado. It will say things like "applies to LT" or LS, or LTZ. It doesn't specify. My purchase agreement, title, and insurance card both say LT. But, I have seen other LT's that are not as good looking as this one. They don't have step rails, or chrome. It was just a coincidence that I bought that particular truck. It's the one the salesmen took me to and I didn't look at any others, I bought that one. I am glad I did, but I still don't know why it is so different than the others. Not even the LTZ's have the chrome that mine has. Also, the window sticker was not on the truck and they don't know where it is.
Old August 30th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The 1LT designation is simply what is used to differentiate the LT trim level from other vehicles while in production. There are only three trim levels on this model year vehicle. LS, LT and LTZ are the trim levels for the 2010 Tahoe. I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions about your vehicle or any issues arise feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

I did see a 2010 Silverado LTZ, it had the console and wood grain interior but it did not have the chrome. I am irritated that they don't have the window sticker, they should have had that for a new vehicle. The others had one on them, but mine didn't. Thanks for your reply, I guess in a way it did answer my question, but I am still stumped as to why mine is so different. It's also priced at close to what an LTZ would have been. It was $37,000. Without the window sticker, I can't see if any options were added (chrome, exhaust, side step rails)
Old August 30th, 2010, 1:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Put your vin # in at this website. It should tell you what you want to know.
Old August 30th, 2010, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you! I will try that!
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

I tried that, entered it 3 times, and then found that Chevrolet only goes up to 2008 so far. Thanks and I will keep looking around.
Old August 31st, 2010, 8:19 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

If you would like you can message me your VIN and I can check it through my resources to show the build of your vehicle (which options you have on the vehicle) to better inform you as to why your vehicle is so different.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 31st, 2010, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

my guess is it is an LT, judging by the options on your truck around here if dealers want to move a certian vehicle they will dress it up a bit to make it different / more appealing.

Quick Reply: Trying to figure out my trim?