Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Silverado or Tundra...Help!

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2010, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado or Tundra...Help!

I am getting ready to buy a 2010 pickup and have it down to two: Chevy Silverado 1500 LT with z71 and appearance package and the Toyota Tundra with the TRD option. I do not like the chrome bumper on the Chevy so that is why I want the appearance package for the painted bumper. Also I do not want leather seats. My first choice is red and second choice is silver for color. I have been told I cannot get a red LT with the appearance package. The SR5 Tundra with the TRD option has about everything I want and I can get it in red. I usually keep my trucks for about 8 years and about 70,000 miles so reliability is one of my biggest concerns. I would rate the Chevy and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Toyota</st1lace></st1:City> dealers about equal. My last 3 trucks have been <st1:City w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Toyota</st1lace></st1:City>’s and have been very reliable but I hear the new ones are not as good. Please…which one should I buy?
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would buy the Chevy! But that is totally up to you! Plus if you buy the Chevy you can be apart of a great community here! Welcome to the forum!
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i just happened to go to google and type in toyota.. and up poped the recall list.. guess whats on the recall list... 09-10 tundra! (after the recall i wouldnt even consider a toyota) color shouldnt be that big of a prob. you can always have a body shop paint it if it bothers you that much. and welcome to the forum!
Old March 4th, 2010, 1:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gotstylez
well i just happened to go to google and type in toyota.. and up poped the recall list.. guess whats on the recall list... 09-10 tundra! (after the recall i wouldnt even consider a toyota) color shouldnt be that big of a prob. you can always have a body shop paint it if it bothers you that much. and welcome to the forum!
i agree. toyota seems to have a few issues lately. even some of the recall work is being recalled. i'll admit tho, i am biased when it comes to this decision. i love my gm vehicles!!! go chevy!!!
Old March 4th, 2010, 2:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maxxman04
i agree. toyota seems to have a few issues lately. even some of the recall work is being recalled. i'll admit tho, i am biased when it comes to this decision. i love my gm vehicles!!! go chevy!!!
a few isnt the word.. lol toyota recalled like 3.8 million cars! also look at this. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6114BW20100202 looks like everybody BUT chrysler had sales increase because of it.. thank you toyota lol
Old March 4th, 2010, 3:48 PM
CF Junior Member

I'm a little biased on this too because my dad's side of the family has always bought GMs. They get work done around the farm. IMO foreign trucks can't hold up to a country lifestyle. If you don't need a Git-R-Done attitude truck, then go with the one you like better. But I still have to say, Chevy all the way! Especially after those recalls.

Plus, to my knowledge, no one in my family history has ever owned a foreign vehicle. So to me it's a no-brainer, but that's just me.
Old March 4th, 2010, 6:53 PM
CF Active Member

You probably didn't expect too many in here to vote for Toyota did you? Besides being a GM guy I really like the look of the Chevy's over the Toyota. Sometime the Tundra just doesn't look like a truck. At least not one I want to drive through corn fields with to pick up my deer.

It's a truck and mpg isn't why you buy it, but GM trucks do better on gas too.