Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

ABS Light with Stabilitrack and Traction control off

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2011, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Light with Stabilitrack and Traction control off

I started having this problem with my 2010 Silverado. I have a ProComp 6' lift with a Hypertech max energy tune. I had the setup for about 11,000 miles and everything has been fine. Until 2 days ago, every time I go over bumps (ie, speed bumps, turning on an uphill slope), the lights and sirens go off. I though it was the tune so I removed it. So far it hasn't gone off but the warnings went off at random, even after I go through the speed bumps and turns I go through everyday. I'm thinking its the sensors but I have no idea where they are. Looked under the truck and wires everywhere. Anyone experienced this problem and know of a way to fix it?
Old June 9th, 2011, 9:04 AM
CF Junior Member

I would pull the diagnostic codes using the programmer and see what sensor is giving you this fit... It sounds like maybe a connector has jiggled loose or a sensor has failed. This is just some ideas I thought of when I read your post. You didnt say your speedo is off so it might be a front sensor.
Old June 9th, 2011, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Driving around without the tune for awhile and finally it went off again. At least I know it isn't the tuner. I plugged in the tuner with the lights on and it isn't showing any DTC's. I looked even more and I think I found the problem. On the front passenger side behind the tire, there is a plug that had a tiewrap that looks like it moved between the plugs. I retied it and everything was fine. To make sure it was that, I unplugged it and turned the key and its the same thing. So far, it hasn't gone off, though I only retied it last night. Ill see if that was the problem...I hope