Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Airbag service procedure?

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2009, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag service procedure?

Does anyone know the proper procedure on servicing airbag sensors? I'd hate for the airbag to pop because I didn't pat my head and rub my belly at the same time/ Any help would be greatly appreciated.

05 silverado. Front passenger airbag sensor
Old August 5th, 2009, 9:38 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unhook the battery is a safe bet, just remember that it does not take hardly any electricity to set them off, just stand back when you are done, and ground yourself to the truck before working on it, if taking it out make sure to place it face up so as not to turn it into a projectile in cas something does go wrong, look on youtube for airbag deployments and you will see what i am talking about
Old August 6th, 2009, 5:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lukemoore646
unhook the battery is a safe bet, just remember that it does not take hardly any electricity to set them off, just stand back when you are done, and ground yourself to the truck before working on it, if taking it out make sure to place it face up so as not to turn it into a projectile in cas something does go wrong, look on youtube for airbag deployments and you will see what i am talking about
Thanks, I won't be touching the bags themselves, only the sensors behind the front bumper. I've heard D/C the battery from a few different people now.