Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

alignment with quadrasteer

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2013, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alignment with quadrasteer

03 Chevy Silverado 1500hd 4×4 quadrasteer. Issue I am having is the shop I took my truck to
Said they can not do a full alignment since I have quadrasteer, this is the first shop that has told me that. I have disabled my quadrasteer for awhile now since I have a 6 inch lift with 35s and it was acting up. Any body know if its possible to get an alignment done and lock the rear in place, until I figure out a way to have it function properly with my lift and tires
Old June 24th, 2013, 3:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would assume a big lift and Quadrasteer would not mix very well...GM discontinued that wacky system for a reason

I would swap in a wrecking yard solid axle and be done with it...they are abundant and cheap.Could probably completed on one Saturday.
Old August 13th, 2021, 2:07 AM
CF Beginner

Default Digging up the dead (thread)

I love my QS system...but a mechanic (now I know he was a hack) up North in Illinois thought he was doing me a favor and did an alignment. It now pulls to the right...severely! I'm now in Stuart, Florida. Anyone on here know any reliable shop on the Eastern mid-shore that could do this, or are there any documents or specs on how to do a proper alignment on the QS? Or, should any 4x4 shop be able to do it??
Old August 13th, 2021, 9:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I do love 4wheel steering. Like air suspension....work fantastic unless you have to fix it.

post the alignment printout so i can see what the numbers say. What model year and engine and i will look up in service info for any special alignment procedures.

a castor pull will cause the steering wheel to turn to the side of the pull. a camber pull will leave the steering center but the truck will drift right. tire pull can do either.

there are so many issues with backyarders working on cars as a paying business; the governing body in Alberta are changing laws to be able to penalize/fine them.

Last edited by tech2; August 13th, 2021 at 9:14 AM.
Old December 12th, 2022, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
I do love 4wheel steering. Like air suspension....work fantastic unless you have to fix it.

post the alignment printout so i can see what the numbers say. What model year and engine and i will look up in service info for any special alignment procedures.

a castor pull will cause the steering wheel to turn to the side of the pull. a camber pull will leave the steering center but the truck will drift right. tire pull can do either.

there are so many issues with backyarders working on cars as a paying business; the governing body in Alberta are changing laws to be able to penalize/fine them.
Not to be that guy who revived a dead thread or anything, but my google-fu brought me here…

would it be possible to look up if there are camber adjustments on a 2003 1500 QS, 5.3 ?