Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

08 Silverado 1500 integrated brake contoller

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2009, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 08 Silverado 1500 integrated brake contoller

I just purchased this vehicle used. It was a new car trade. Its a Z71 4x4 extended cab, with a 5.3 eng, 6.6 bed. No window sticker or documentation from previous owner. It has the factory tow package with hitch and 7 pin connector, but I'm trying to determine if it is equipped with the factory integrated brake controller. How can I do this? All Ive read online is that it is integrated with the ABS. Where do I look and what does it look like. Im familiar with aftermarket controls that hang under the dash, and am preparing to have one installed. It would be nice to know if one already exists, so I dont waste time or money and even worse screw something up by installing one if its already there. Anyone have pics or info?
Thanks for your help.
Old September 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fowlman
I just purchased this vehicle used. It was a new car trade. Its a Z71 4x4 extended cab, with a 5.3 eng, 6.6 bed. No window sticker or documentation from previous owner. It has the factory tow package with hitch and 7 pin connector, but I'm trying to determine if it is equipped with the factory integrated brake controller. How can I do this? All Ive read online is that it is integrated with the ABS. Where do I look and what does it look like. Im familiar with aftermarket controls that hang under the dash, and am preparing to have one installed. It would be nice to know if one already exists, so I dont waste time or money and even worse screw something up by installing one if its already there. Anyone have pics or info?
Thanks for your help.
the integrated controller is on the left of the steering wheel down about 8 inchs. it has a + - slider on it for the brake gain or minus. Its hard to miss. It is basically incorporated into the plastic where a typical aftermarket controller would be located. Sounds like yours doesnt have it.