Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Reduced Engine Power problems

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2014, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Reduced Engine Power problems

I have been having an issue for a little while when driving slow or coming to a stop where the rpm's would drop low and the truck would stall. Starts right back up and otherwise drives fine. Double foot driving was an easy band-aide fix, but while researching the issue I a) found this site and b) got some tips to try. So now I'm here as a new member and asking for help as I have encountered a new problem after reinstalling the throttle body. Truck starts up but I have no throttle response at all. To summarize what I did:

Disassembled cai and cleaned MAF with maf cleaner
Removed tb and thoroughly cleaned with tb cleaner
Sprayed down the intake, wiped down what I could reach
Reinstalled the tb with new gasket

Truck starts up and runs great except for the codes thrown and the message or reduced engine power displayed. Read the codes; p0120, p0220, p1516 and p1518. Pulled the neg batt cable, messed with wiring, retraced my steps and made sure I didn't miss anything. Peddle side is working, reset the oil life meter twice. Still have the REP message but get a little throttle response, like 500rpm's.

The chilton's manual isn't much help as it only depicts a cable operated tb and this truck has an electrically controlled tb.

What could be causing these codes? Would greatly appreciate any help as the truck is basically now an overgrown lawn gnome.
Old August 13th, 2014, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed it

After a little web searching I found some helpful information. I tested the voltage and ohm resistance on the tac. Everything was within the ranges except for the tac module. Resistance should of been around 4.4ohms, it went from 1.4 to zero. A few phone calls later, the local NAPA had a tb unit on the shelf. Put it on and no more reduced power message or trouble codes. Runs much nicer now, no drop in rpms or stalling.