Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

anyone know about magnaflow glasspacks

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2012, 10:21 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know about magnaflow glasspacks

for the longest time ive been looking into exhaust
after seeing my dads experience with a flowmaster and seeing how it rots out sounds like crap and restricts my dession was made i wanted a straight threw muffler for best flow and sence my truck already has dual pipes running to a single muffler true duals was the dession i made with an x pipe

with all that said ive been reading and reading and reading for months almost a year on exhaust i found that magnaflow makes a great muffler and great design sence my truck is a 6.0 i knew the longer the muffler the quiter but with true duals on a 6.0 quiet isnt easy i notice they made a glasspack thats 30 inches all together and started thinking did some video research on youtube and its nice and smooth but of course all the vids are on 5.3 also there glasspacks are perferated and dont use the fiberglass packing but a different kind thats supposed to last longer and more smoother tone

does anyone know about these mufflers or heard them and opinions
if and when i do my set up i will be running a x pipe to duals and 2 mufflers out the back with slash cut tips and i was thinking sence im running true duals to keep the low end run 3 inch to the muffler (stock) and dual 2.5 tail pipes

any opinions are welcome
Old January 26th, 2012, 11:47 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't heard them.
But I'd be willing to bet they sound raspy like all other glasspacks.
Old January 27th, 2012, 9:58 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well in these videos on youtube
Magnaflow glasspack 5.3L 1500 - YouTube
2004 chevy silverado v8 with magnaflow glasspack - YouTube
Magnaflow Glasspack - YouTube

there no rasp from what i hear the reason everyone is quick to say rasp is because most are louvers inside the packs to make that sound also they use fiberglasspacking

magnaflow uses perforated core design much like a dynomax bullet or a magnapack and has a steal packing but this is from what ive gathered in my research i even looked on the inside of the magnaflow and others and its clearly a difference

any other opinions or any one used them or heard them?
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mangnaflow is a high end exhaust. They make very good products. One of the top in the exhaust industry