Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

auto door locks

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2007, 9:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto door locks

first problem with my 07 NBS Silverado:

As I was pulling out of my driveway this morning, I hit a very slight bump in the road. All of the door locks "jumped" to the unlock position. I can lock them with the doorlock button on the door panel, but they will no longer "auto lock". The remote entry still works also. I have tried resetting using the dash computer settings, but it will still not work.

I tried doing a search on this forum, but noone else seems to have experienced this problem. In fact, it seems like several people are actually looking for a way to turn the "auto lock" feature off.

One more thing...the door locks will still "auto unlock" when the transmission is shifted into park.

Is there something I could try, or is it back to the dealership? The truck is still fairly new, as I only have about 700 miles on it.

Thanks,
-HT
Old November 15th, 2007, 2:36 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: auto door locks

HT,
This is not a common problem, have the dealer look at it on your next service visit, it most likely can be remedied by reprogramming the Driver and Passenger Door Modules.
Old November 15th, 2007, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

I'll take it by the dealership in the morning, and have them take a look. If I can get them to tell me what happened, I'll try and post it on the forum.
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:18 PM
CF Beginner

Ht - how did this turn out for you? I have a similar issue. Noticed the other day that when I shifted out of drive, the light on my indicator does not show me in Neutral nor in Park when the shifter is in those positions. The trani is putting the vehicle in those positions, just no light on the instrument panel. Also noticed that when I go into park, my doors no longer unlock as before. I tried resetting the program for the door locks but no positive results. I have a 2002 2500hd w/ an 8.1 an 65k miles.

~David