Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Auxiliary Input On Factory CD Player

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2008, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxiliary Input On Factory CD Player

Does any one know how to use the AUX input on a factory cd player, on a 2000 silverado new body style. I want to listen to my mp3 player and dont lke the quality i get form Fm Modulated. I know it can be done why else would there be an AUX input if you cant use it?
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:03 AM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Auxiliary Input On Factory CD Player

I think you have to buy an ipod adapter to plug into the aux input, I think?? Have you tried plugging it in and it just doesnt work or what? Did you switch the source button over to aux. Like you know, radio/cd/aux.
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:58 PM
CF Beginner

I havent tried i dont think there is an input in the back? Or at least i was told that.
Old February 25th, 2008, 1:07 PM
CF Active Member

I think fireman's talking about the 07 NBS which has an aux jack on the front face of the cd/radio cluster, im not sure on the 00, I know there are some companys that have a USB hub that you can plug your MP3 player into, and then plug that into the cig lighter and then it transmits it through FM signal

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...hGroup?Ntt=usb
Old February 25th, 2008, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

yea. i have one but you have to tune to certain stations(88.7etc), and in my city these are used by local stations so there music bleeds through. the quality SUX lol. sounds likea really static radio station.
Old February 26th, 2008, 11:28 PM
CF Beginner

no direct connection to the factory radiocan be done . i pulled out my stock radio and noticed the same thing how the cd and aux button are the same. i think aux is referring to another word for cd. when i took the factory head unit out i made sure to see if there was an aux input in the back of the unit. there was not any sort of aux input. just the standard am/fm tuner wire, and the speaker/power harness. i swapped it out for a 7" LCD touch screen dvd/cd/mp3 flip out screen. my ipod hooks right into an exterior accessorie module which connects to the radio. 400 dollars later i control my ipod all from the touch screen without even having to see my ipod. i leave it in my glove box. i recommend finding an aftermarket radio with aux inputs, dash kit, and throw one in. i agree the FM transmitters suck. direct connection is the only way to go.