Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

bed liner and tunnel cover

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2012, 9:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bed liner and tunnel cover

any advice for bed liner and tunnel cover for Y05 Silverado, 6.5' bed

Thanks
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:14 PM
CF Active Member

i have line x in my truck i like it a lot but its a bit on the pricey side i just reciently loaded my truck down with sand and rocks did it about 3 truck loads each time inlouded with a shovel and there is no chipping or tears in the lining im impressed with it
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

SNUGTop offers a great Silverado tonneau cover. I installed a BEDRUG bed liner and I'm pleased with it's appearance and durability.

Last edited by mrnoyb; March 15th, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 8:02 PM
CF Active Member

I have rhino liner-very happy with it. For a vinyl cover-extang makes a good quality cover with a lot of choices. For a fiberglass cover ARE make the best cover for fit and finish that I've seen. For a cap-again ARE Z series. I have owned all three of these and have been happy with all of them. I can also tell you that if you use your truck like a truck, you may not be happy with a fiberglass cover because it limits your height on hauling anything unless you take it off which poses potential scratch and dent issues which are costly to repair. Also if you live in a cold climate a roll up vinyl cover is darn near impossible to reattach once it has been undone unless you heat ti back up to make it more pliable. Pace Edwards makes a roll up hard cover that works like a roll top desk. I have not owned one of these so I cannot help on that one. Good luck on your decision.
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:09 PM
CF Active Member

Rhino line all my concrete friends live by it it will take one hell of a beating and as for covers i cant really help i hate them like grumpy said they are really restrictive. however just the little ones that just cover your bed and are like the roll top desks i know a few folks that have them like them alot, its supposed to help with mpg's and keeps gunk outta your bed and best of all when you need your bed they roll up to take barley any space
Old March 21st, 2012, 9:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Sonorakid,

As you're considering a truck bed cover, give us a look see. We have a special offer running until the end of the month. Details are located at: https://chevroletforum.com/forum/mem...88/#post203424

As far as the liner goes, I've done some research for others and Line-X seems to be an excellent product. I don't have any personal experience with liners, just info I've come across over the years.

If you have any questions about our product that I can help with, please give me a call. 877-473-7246 x1.