Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 27th, 2015, 2:22 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Blower Motor bad - not resistor?!

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suburban K1500 Air Conditioning Question

Hey Guys

Have a 99 Suburban and I can't solve an air conditioning issue. Have checked the coolant for leaks and pressure. Both are fine. I turn on the air and the clutch runs for a few seconds/minutes and the export lines leaving the compressor are COLD. But in a few seconds/minutes the clutch stops and of course no cold air gets into the cab.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Old September 2nd, 2011, 11:06 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

There is a pressure switch that will cut off the compressor if it is too high, check it.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Air Pressure Switch

Thanks. I'm a hack shade tree mechanic. Where can I locate the pressure switch?
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

it will be downstream somewhere of the compressor, just fllow the line
Old November 8th, 2011, 8:11 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

I would love to see this video! Im having the exact same problem with my Trailblazer! Not working on 4 and 5, with burning smell! And now, stopped working all together! All my problem searches keeps bringing me to resistor. And I want to repair myself! I was told i needed to order only gmc parts...please help!
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:00 PM
CF Beginner

Question

I have a 96 chevy silverado. And ever since I rebuilt the motor due to a blown head gasket. My blower motor will not come on. Also my temp gauge does not work. When I push the button for recirculate or ac they light up but nothing happens. Also I removed all the factory ac components due to the fact that it didn't work. Could this be my problem? Do I need a jumper some where? please help as winter is coming! And I can't drive in the rain due to no defrost.
Old March 26th, 2013, 6:19 AM
CF Beginner

Default blower motor bad

I have 2006 trailblazer, 105,000 blower stopped working this weekend. Brought to dealership with service bulletin #. Was told does not apply because over 100,00. will need to pay for its replacement in full. How many miles does this bulletin apply too. Very frustrating was never told about this bulletin, blower has been acting weird for awhile.
Old November 6th, 2021, 1:31 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cbenslay
Well, I have to correct myself. I tore into it and it is the resistor and the connector.

The black "E" wire was melted and the connector was fused together. Chevy has a problem here...

I have pictures and video if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Chuck
Chuck Howard youfixthis issue? The some thing. happened to me. So I replaced the resister and I even cut the connector to the resistor and wired a new one in. I can tell the original wiring has gotten very hot because the wires were kinda hard. Anyways this did not fix my problem the rear air is not working either. I have not checked the fan yet but if the rear air isn't working either it tells me wiring. All the fuses look fine relay unless there is one located somewhere other then the fuse boxes are fine. I don't know much about wiring but am learning just not sure what to do now. Since I am a single mom I can't really afford to go to a shop. Therefore I have become very mechanically Inclined just not the great a figuring out wiring.