Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 4th, 2015, 3:42 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Bluetooth Question

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2012, 11:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Question

I just bought my Silverado with Bluetooth . Being a newbie in this environment, I need some help. The salesman paired my phone with the truck. I receive calls okay. I thought the object of bluetooth was to also make calls using the names from my phone's contact list. In other words, I thought you could say dial...and then say the name as it is found in the contact list. I have tried several times using names and can't get them to understand. It keeps asking for a number. Am I doing something wrong? Or do you have to actually say the number?
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

From what I understand you have to pair the number you are calling with a name for the truck to remember it.... Not 100% sure on how that's done (as my wife is the one who tends to make callsi. The truck. Though I'm pretty sure that once you've paired the number to the name all you have to do is say the name in order to dial.
Old June 30th, 2012, 1:52 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by bunks12
I just bought my Silverado with Bluetooth . Being a newbie in this environment, I need some help. The salesman paired my phone with the truck. I receive calls okay. I thought the object of bluetooth was to also make calls using the names from my phone's contact list. In other words, I thought you could say dial...and then say the name as it is found in the contact list. I have tried several times using names and can't get them to understand. It keeps asking for a number. Am I doing something wrong? Or do you have to actually say the number?
No, I cannot remember, but you have to set up the number with voice/name recognition to it. That should be in your owners manual. I had a 2010 company sliverado that had that. You CAN when placing a call, say the phone number.
Old June 30th, 2012, 3:14 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your right you can dial like that but all the settings are in phone if you need help go yo your cell store
Old June 30th, 2012, 8:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Bluethooth

I have a 2011 Silverado. The information is in the owners manual.

On mine, you activate BT with the switch on the steering wheel. When it answers say "store" and it will instruct you from there. State number and then when asked put a name to it. Keep going like this until you have your phonebook listed.

Old July 1st, 2012, 6:02 AM
CF Beginner

Yes, the Silverado is not as intelligent as some high end autos. My Mercedes automatically recognizes every number and name in my cell, once the cell has been paired with the vehicle. With the Silverado, you must manually store your name and number in the vehicle's bluetooth directory. It will only take 30 different numbers. It is pretty easy, as mentioned above, just push the button on the steering wheel and at the prompt say "store" instead of "call," and follow the voice prompts. If you have any other questions, send me a PM. I just got my 2012 Silverado, so "I have been there and done that," recently.