Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bucket Seats into a 93 Stepside (?)

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2013, 5:02 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bucket Seats into a 93 Stepside (?)

I recently pulled my factory bench seat from my 93 Sierra stepside single cab, and went to wrecking yard and bout a pair of buckets from a 99 Suburban. I did know that I would have to drill new holes (2 holes) to install them. The 2 outside holes on each side lined up perfectly, but I had to drill 2 new holes on the drivers side, but ran into a problem on the pass. side. The exhaust sheild prevents repeating the same for the 2 inner holes. Okay, so I drill out the drivers side, 3/8ths hole, put in bolts, nuts and a washers. I noticed that GM used a about a 3" by 1" plate to use under there with a welded on nut to screw in to. The pass. side, is another problem I want to address later. Should I try to replicate what GM did with the "plate" instead of washers? I ask because I dont think it;s a good idea to concentrate that much PSI into one tiny washer, as it may cause the cab metal split over time from vibration, and other effects. Am I wrong? Second, what about the pass side? I dont want to fool with the exhaust shield...would "Power Grab" or some other type of "super adhesive" work? I do not have many passengers in this truck. Anyone had any experience in retro-fitting buckets in these?
Old February 25th, 2013, 3:01 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sil...-pickup-25007/

LINK ^
I read this DIY thread but he didnt mention the things you did.
Maybe reading it will make you look at the issue another way.
Old February 25th, 2013, 8:59 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah...its pretty similar to my install, but he did not address the heat shield problem. Mine is a V6. On a 5.0 or 5.7 the shield may be in a different place. But there is now way, without cutting a piece of that shield out to get in there and mount the passenger seat. Welding it down? Gorilla glue?