Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Built-In LED Strip on Spyder Silverado Headlights

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2011, 11:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built-In LED Strip on Spyder Silverado Headlights

Hello All!

Newly registered user here, finally found a decently active forum to join! I'm a big DIY'er on my 2001 Chev Silverado, but I've run into a slight bit of confusion.

I'm including pictures below of my One-Piece Headlights which I have installed to convert the front end of my Silverado. These headlights have an LED strip which is vertical in orientation on the outter edges of the headlight housing. (See Picture Below).

Name:  IMAG0046.jpg
Views: 2459
Size:  97.9 KB

Name:  IMAG0047.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  54.5 KB

On the Inside, these FOUR LED Nodes, each have TWO wires running out of them (For a Total of 8 Wires) A White and a Black Wire for each Node. These then have been spliced together, so at the end, I am left with TWO Black Wires, and TWO White Wires. (See Picture Below)

Name:  IMAG0048.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  62.4 KB

Name:  IMAG0049.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  56.0 KB

My Question is:

Where can I wire these into, so that the LED Strips are on at all times?

I have the Following Connectors inside the Headlight Housing as an option:

Headlight Connector.
Highbeam Connector.
DRL (daytime running light) Connector.
AMBER Connector (Turn signal and straight AMBER running light).

I'm nervous because I don't want to start splicing into wires that are wrong... and don't know which colors (Black and White from the LED'S) go where.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated, and I apologize if this thread is elsewhere... I couldn't find it after searching for awhile, even on Google couldn't find any proper guidance.
Old December 29th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You want them on at all times in the day or night? If in the day you could splice them into the DRL lights, that way when you put it in gear, they come on, or could splice them into your headlights so when you turn your headlights on they come on with that. i've got my fogs wired into my power supply of my amber turn signals, that way when I flip the switch in my truck for those lights to come on(not the headlights just the dash lights and turns) they come on with it. Givin me control over the fogs because my truck didn't come stock with them
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgive me, I'm new at this forum thing. I want to put this same setup in my 2006 suburban. Can u send me some pics showing the front or your ride? I don't wanna drop over $300 until I know how they will look, thanks.