Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 27th, 2015, 12:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

A/C fan motor will not stop!

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2011, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C fan motor will not stop!

I have an 06' Silverado, the a/c, heater fan motor absolutely will not shut off unless I pull the fuse. It will run even without the key in the ignition. The only way to keep from running the battery dead is the pull the fuse under the hood. (40 amp). I tried swapping the fuse but it did not stop the fan motor. As soon as I plug the fuse in the fan motor starts running. Please help.
Old April 13th, 2011, 5:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. If I'm getting this right, the blower motor runs at full speed with the 40A blower fuse in, even with key off. The switch setting on the HVAC control module probably has no effect either. About the only way it can happen is if the blower motor relay is stuck on the 40A blower fused source. This relay is part of the blower motor resistor assembly which isn't too bad to replace on the Silverado.
Old April 13th, 2011, 9:10 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I concur, the relay welding itself on is common...replacing the relay will most likely resolve the issue...
Old April 14th, 2011, 5:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
I concur, the relay welding itself on is common...replacing the relay will most likely resolve the issue...
Thanks to both of you for responding so quickly. EinST you have it correct. Today I will visit my friend at the local salvage yard to find replacement relay. Hopefully this will not cost me much. I will post the result of the change as I am sure I am not the first to have this problem nor the last to seek help to fix it.