Camber adjustment with wheels on - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Camber adjustment with wheels on

CF Senior Member

February 22nd, 2012, 7:41 PM   #1  
Camber adjustment with wheels on

Hi all.

I have about month old alignment done on my 2000 Silverado with torsion bars. I replaced lower control arms then.

I have done upper arms last Saturday, but now have driver side wheel positive camber.

TRUCK TRACKS SUPER STRAIGHT, so, apparently, I do have toe in/out caught well from previous alignment.

Upper arms have 2 camber bolts. One per each arm leg, or whatever it is called. ends of Y with bushings.

I need to know, do I adjust BOTH camber bolts same amount, or just one bolt? May sound like a silly question, but won't it rotate arm and change toe, if I do not match both bolts?

Also, I have to do it with truck on the ground and wheels on. Any tips will help, single man job.

Super Moderator

Highlands

February 22nd, 2012, 8:56 PM   #2  
Every time I've messed with it myself I do both at the same time

CF Veteran

nebraska

February 22nd, 2012, 9:35 PM   #3  
by eye it'll work better doing both but the only way to properly do it is with an alignment machine, any movement you do on either camber bolt will effect camber and caster on that wheel.

the way i do it is by jacking up the frame and reaching over the tire with i believe its a 21mm but i work in a shop with an alignment machine so the angles from raising the frame are compensated for

CF Senior Member

February 22nd, 2012, 10:29 PM   #4  
Oh, I can reach bolts fine around the tire. I was only making sure that both bolts must be moved same amount and same time. Do I really have to worry that much about caster?

CF Veteran

nebraska

February 23rd, 2012, 9:16 AM   #5  
as far as tire wear not really but it can change ride quality and if it gets way off possibly cause a drift

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors