Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

HELP? Door handle cable came off

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2007, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP? Door handle cable came off

07' NBS Silverado Ext. Cab...I took off the passenger's side door panel and undid thedoor latch cable while I was installing new speakers so I could have some room to work.TheInfinitys soundedso much better when I tested them after the install that I forgot to hookthe cable back up. YES! I closed the doors. Now the inside and outside handles do nothingwhen I try to open thedoor. Any "real" suggestions??? I know. I know. I'm an idiot but I need some help. I'll take a few hits I'm sure but I'm stuck right now. I don't see anyway for the door panel to come off with the door closed. The dash and sealt belt housingcancel that idea. Please HELP!!
Old October 17th, 2007, 8:59 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: HELP? Door handle cable came off

I would go to the dealer's body shop. I'll bet they can tell you how to do it. Or perhaps do it for you if your lucky.
Old October 17th, 2007, 9:18 AM
CF Active Member

wow, haha, that sucks, the only thing i can think of is to see if you can get to the latch if you try to pry open the top part or taking off the armrest... sorry not much help i know, lol
Old October 17th, 2007, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

CORRECTION! Maybe I'm not half the idiot I originally thought. . . . . The cable is still attatched. I took out all the bolts holding the panel on and was able to lift up a little to get the top half of the panel to come off a little. Well the cable is attatched to the handle just like it's supposed to be. Now that I know I'm not the culprit I'mREALLY puzzled?? I didn't touch anything else while I was doing the speakers. As a matter of factwhen I tookit off before to get a clear picture of the mounting situation . . . .no problems! I can hear the door lockswhen they lock and unlock . . but when you pull on the handles . . . . notta! I even tried while I had the panel half off and everything moves like it is supposed to. Guess I'm gonna just call the service dept and tell them it stopped working. Ya'll think they'll try to give me any flack cuz I took them off to put in speakers???