Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Wind whistling noise at higher speeds?

Old January 6th, 2012, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind whistling noise at higher speeds?

At 65 and above, I get a loud wind whistling noise, which sounds like it is coming from the passenger side. I have a 2011 Extended Cab. Does anyone experience this, and hopefully, have a solution?
Old January 6th, 2012, 4:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> goatdriver,

I have checked my resources and see no known wind whistling noise issue on 2011 Silverado vehicles. If you would like, PM me your VIN number, and I may be able to offer additional information.

Have you taken the vehicle in for an inspection for this issue?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 18th, 2012, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado wind whistling noise

I have a 2010 Silverado Crew Cab and also the wind whistling noise at speeds of approximately 58 mph and above. I had a friend track the noise down to behind the rear seats in the area of the cabin pressure vents. Have not taken to dealer yet but will soon to see what can be done.