Change oil soon light - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Change oil soon light

CF Beginner

August 25th, 2011, 3:35 PM   #1  
Change oil soon light

How do you reset the oil change reminder light. I have changed the oil and need the sequence to reset the reminder.

CF Junior Member

Malden

August 25th, 2011, 3:48 PM   #2  
for my truck i just cycle through the trip panel until it shows the oil change notice, then just hold down the button.

CF Addict

August 25th, 2011, 3:49 PM   #3  
Turn the key on (not running), hit the accelerator pedal 5 times within 3 seconds.

Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Bowie, MD

August 25th, 2011, 8:47 PM   #4  
What year? What kind of truck?

CF Addict

August 26th, 2011, 8:53 AM   #5  
I'd suggest if you don't have one, get an owners manual for it.

Official GM Rep

Global Headquarters in Detroit, MI

August 31st, 2011, 11:56 AM   #6  
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> How do you reset the oil change reminder light. I have changed the oil and need the sequence to reset the reminder.
Outbound:
On page 486 of the owners manual it says to:.
1. Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine off.
2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
If the OIL LIFE RESET message displays for 10 seconds, the system is resetting.
3. Turn the ignition key to LOCK.
If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL message comes back on when you start your vehicle, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure. If it still does not reset, see your dealer for service.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Assistance

CF Beginner

September 1st, 2011, 10:55 AM   #7  
many thanks.

Appreciate the help very much. It's annoying to have that reminder on all the time. Worked great.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors