Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Chimes and speakers not working properly

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2011, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chimes and speakers not working properly

Vehicle: 2008 Chevy Silverado LT

All my chimes, warning sounds and my driver side speakers come in and out. If my chime is working when I put the key in ignition then my radio sound will work. If no chime then the radio will work but at a vary high pitch tweeter sound.

Is there a module I can change or is it the ECM...?

EDIT: By the way, the interior lights does not turn on when I open the door, however if I open the door while the motor is running, i see on the driver info panels "LEFT DOOR OPEN" so somehow the door switch is working. Where is the door switch located...?
=> Interior light issue SOLVED, see thread here: https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sil...lverado-44803/

Last edited by baldana; February 3rd, 2012 at 6:00 AM.
Old January 26th, 2012, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default radio not working

Did you get this fixed? I have the same problem...
No chime and front speakers do not work??

thanks
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> lv2play and baldana,

There may be a wiring issue, for example a short or crossed wire. This is not a diagnosis, just a suggestion. I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician should be able to offer a diagnosis after a physical inspection.

Please keep me posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 27th, 2012, 6:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default speakers not working.

Thank you for the reply from chevrolet and everyone knows to take the car in for inspection of problems, but everyone does not have $$$$$ per hour for the diagnosis then the fix could cost $$$$.....My vehicle has less that 50K miles on it and it has a wiring problem??? It appears from searching this problem that there are hundreds of others with the same problem and from reading most all are fixed by replacing the amp....which is also expensive.....It seems to me Chevrolet would accept they have a problem with these radios and switch to a new brand or fix them.....having to spend additional money on this type of issue on at $40K vehicle with low mileage does not make consumers happy. I have been driving for over 45 years and have never experienced any problems with radios on the dozens of vehicles I have had which include multiple corvettes and other chev products.

Any of you that have this problem on a 2008, please write and tell me how to get the radio out of the dash and replace the amp.....

thanks
The following users liked this post:
Kayla Taylor (June 22nd, 2020)
Old January 27th, 2012, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

I was able to find out that the "GMOS-LAN Interface" module, controls all these chimes, seat belt, turn-signal sound, Onstar etc... to allow them go through the sound system.

When you replace your radio for an aftermarket, you have to buy a aftermarket module as well if you want to have the chimes go through your speakers.

I was looking on eBay to buy a new or rebuild or used module just to swap and test.
Old January 28th, 2012, 6:57 AM
CF Junior Member

I got my module from Cruthfield, around $50. simple to install
Old January 28th, 2012, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Does it fit to the stock radio or only for aftermarket radio...?

Originally Posted by recondrill
I got my module from Cruthfield, around $50. simple to install
Old February 1st, 2012, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

I had the impression that there was a module behind the stock radio that controls the chimes and sounds through the radio but I guess that's not the case by looking at the image below. There is only an XM Module unit and the "Onstar" Module unit.

Please advise if someone of you have taken a stock radio from the truck and if there is any 3rd module somewhere.

I also thought that it's part # 25791864 (OEM)/ (ACDelco #25911919); part # 006 on the illustration.

Old February 1st, 2012, 10:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're thinking in too simplistic terms. Lately the door ajar switches are integrated into the door latch assemblies. The BCM gets direct input from the rear door ajar switches if any but for the front, the driver and passenger door lock/window switches get the signal from the respective door ajar switches. All these modules communicate over GMLAN including the radio. It sounds like at a minimum you're going to need the radio reprogrammed or replaced. As for the courtesy lights, there's probably a wiring problem. It's unlikely you'll be able to figure it all out without the scan tool and wiring diagrams.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 6:03 AM
CF Beginner

First, the interior light issue has been solved as there is a button named "DOME OFF" (Override dome light switch) which does not look like a switch at all . So did solved this issue and now by oening the door, i have interior light.

as for the sound, you are referring to a GMLAN. I need to locate this part in a diagram or I need the part number.

Originally Posted by EinST
You're thinking in too simplistic terms. Lately the door ajar switches are integrated into the door latch assemblies. The BCM gets direct input from the rear door ajar switches if any but for the front, the driver and passenger door lock/window switches get the signal from the respective door ajar switches. All these modules communicate over GMLAN including the radio. It sounds like at a minimum you're going to need the radio reprogrammed or replaced. As for the courtesy lights, there's probably a wiring problem. It's unlikely you'll be able to figure it all out without the scan tool and wiring diagrams.

Quick Reply: Chimes and speakers not working properly