Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

cluster going nuts in 03 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2013, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cluster going nuts in 03 Silverado

03 Silverado2500 hd. About a month ago driving down the road n all of the sudden truck idles all the way down and dash says lack engine power. I shut truck off and start back up and runs fine. Few weeks later going down the road and all the sudden dash goes nuts. All gauges read nothing and all lights r on including the abs, brakes, service engine and antitheft and my dash reads unknown driver. Truck still runs fine but radio dont work neither do Windows or locks. It only happened every so often but now its all the time. and now when its fine my oil pressure gauge is maxed out whether engine is running or not. I know 03-06 Chevy put in a junk dash but will the dash mess with the radio and locks and Windows? Or could it be the bcm? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Mark
Old April 22nd, 2013, 8:23 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm torn, does make me lean bcm, I can't be confident... I'd double check grounds everywhere (even behind the cluster) and see if you find something loose.

did it typically start on a bumpy road?
Old April 22nd, 2013, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

I actually did clean all the grounds int the whole wiring circuit but it didn't help. And the first time it did it was on pavement and it was raining and very wet. And is there a way to test the bcm or pull the dash and test that? And I do work on a dirt road, a terrible one at that,And I can go fast as beck over the bumps and it dont affect it. Its really random.
Old April 26th, 2013, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

There was a recall or TSB on the dash pod....had mine replaced several years ago under warranty..but it barely squeaked by on mileage..they know about it...might be worth looking into, before you do a lot of un necessary work/troubleshooting.