Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Come n stun with you GMC/Chevy story!!! Well heress the place to do it!

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2013, 3:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Come n stun with you GMC/Chevy story!!! Well heress the place to do it!

When has your 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton GM pick up got you through some deep ****, or landed you in a pile of **** so deep your doors wont open?

As a kid my father has always owned a Chevrolet, Good or Gutless, and I have so many memories as a child of our good ol' Silverado, and Sierras, hell even K/C years. I could sit here all day and tell you some outrageous stories, From 12' tall 1 tons buried to the roof, to a sticky throttled 383 stroker blowing through the main street red lights going 130 in a 35( boiling down the front tires trying to stop). And from driving a lowered classic 1500 through 5' water crossings ( My dads not so sober friend said "It aint but a foot or so, I'l hold your beer and floor it..... He gave us a good aerobics class before making it out ) About 4500 RPMS later SPLASH, to my first vehicle, a gas hogging souped up Super charged 400 Small block Bonanza giving a 12valve 1st gen Cummins a bell housing of metal shavings, and a blown turbo( annoying neighbor thought his "Badass Cummins" would bumper to bumper, out pull my " Stock 350" or so he said. What he didn't kinda hurt him...)

And then there's those memory's that your friend, and cops will bring up in conversation..... I Will start us out with one of my favorite ones to tell to the devious lead footed youth of my town. And the next, The Little 6.0 That did.

Well it was drinking night down at the creek outside of town, The off-duty Sheriff warns up to evacuate the area or tickets will be assigned. Its a good 13 miles from town to the creek and i was in a friends 454 Single cab long bed, and a out of control gas guage. Me being the not so common since guy put a good 10 gallons in before we left, or atleast thats the most the right hand tank could hold. Well it seemed that the sheriff wasent bluffing and everyone took him serious, ends up being a very tight fit with 4 other buck 50+ lbs guys in the single cab, so it took a little while to cram in. With the 1 passenger seatbelt over the four alcohol smelling fools, and me( the unlicensed sober one ) strapped into my life saver, nice and secure, the good ol lead foot hit the petal and left both back wheels screaming like a banshee, ***-end taking turns touching each side of the road, but all of a sudden Mr.Big block didn't want to rumble, so a buddy and i get out and knowtice that the carburetor was dry, a couple of needed minutes went by, and the dust cleared, and for some reason there was a line of gas trailing right up to the truck. While eye balling the sharp t-post stuck in the gas tank, three patrol cars snuck upon us, multiple Sobriety test later, we all found ourself in the back of a crown-vic, Parent were asked to be called and every single one of us faked calling. 4 M.I.Ps later, and a wreckless driving ticket later, We all were left in the country for our parents to come get us..... We really had time to think about lieing to the police officer on our 13 mile walk.

So that was the "Lesson Learner", now here is the one that will make you question the torque of these 6.0 liter Vortecs, that gets about the same MPG as a 454....
For about the last year I have been helping my father work on semi's at his job, One day our bitchy boss walkes out and asks us if we can Trade trailers in-between two trucks, Well sounds simple, if it wasent a extending pipe trailer with no dollys... We came up with just about every idea we could possible think of, and let me tell you, EVERYTHING! Well me being the son of my crazy father i came up with the idea that we line up a flatbed within a foot on each side of the pipe trailer, and hold it up with two 3000LBS tested straps. With straps tightened up with 2 cheater bars with me and my father lifting our self up trying to tighted them, we went ahead and pulled the truck attached to the pipe trailer out, and the straps just about shot up enough dust off of them to reenact the 1930's dust bowl, we noticed the trailed dropped a good foot, and would not allow enough height to back the other truck into it. Scratching our heads and praying that the Big boss doesn't come out and stomp a mud hole in both of our asses, we got very desperate on methods on ways to not destroy a well over $20k trailer that belong to one of pipe companys we were hauling for, the old man told me to grab a chain and hook it up to the flat bed that was holding the rented trailer, and the other side to the goose neck ball on the 6.0l stock 2500hd. Thinking about the future of the company and the well over $200,000 pile of flipped over trailers, and tractors but foremost enough money in horizontal drilling pipe to buy out our company three times. I was warning him it was not the best idea! So he receives the words that I have said and sends it in one ear drum and out the other. I hear the ear shattering slam from the transfer case in that 3/4ton thats a good push from being dragged back and into a wall of 60' flatbeds. Brutally bashed into 4 low and dropprf into first, weighed down with over a ton and a half of tools, and whatever else we tore up that day, that lemon that we previously knew dug those all-terrain tires into the ground and pulled that flatbed, x-tending trailer, and the other flatbed a good 3 yards and lifted the front passenger tire of the pickup off the ground, and lifted the pipe trailer up a very much appreciated foot and a half. Let me remind you that we are on a slight slant in pasty cleachy with a truck that weighs about 1/12th of the two trailers or more, chained from the read side of the trailer were the wheels were planted. A cotton candy pink peterbilt with a window A/C unit in the passenger door chained to the front so we don't bent the trailers frame putting so much twist on it, and till that day the mean 6.0l is still stuck in 4-low with a twisted front drive shaft, along with both rear yokes straps/u-braces stripped out to the last 2 threads, Believe it or not Being such a major problem the Engine did not throw one single code except for that fishing weight of a o2( theres nothing to say except for "Like a rock!", I can promise you that transfer case sure the hell had a bad day. After that little stunt I was shaking more than the run away 383, And to this day, our C.S.I boss has noticed is her work truck started running strange, and how the hell we turned 2 30' straps into 50' straps...

I know I really like to explain every little detail in my Stories, and sorry about my bad grammar, wanted to start this as quick as I could. I would like to thank GM for making the worlds best pickups( IMO ) no matter how many speeding, wreckless driving, over-weight, destruction of property, and Disturbing the peace tickets i get, there will always be a bow tie on the front of my pickup. Well, except for my 99 silverado, a took my emblem at 85mph along with a less than a hour old grill....

I Would really like to thank you guys for reading my Very drawn out stories, and I would be proud to hear yours. And Listen to me guys, when your in your 1974 decked out 1/2 ton SWB chick magnet ( lol more like tetanus shot waiting to happen) and your friend challenges you to a race, remember to always latch your hood after showing him your chrome valve covers, It tends to come up and smash in your windshield and wend over your cab at a little over 90 mph in-front of a incoming State Trooper, that stacked up tickets to the point were your broken windows inspection sticker is illegally place.

Below is the pic of the SB 400, got my finger caught in the fan and its been sitting for about 3 years now.
Attached Thumbnails Come n stun with you GMC/Chevy story!!! Well heress the place to do it!-1375009_174705559402246_114899048_n.jpg  

Last edited by Rowdyc; November 25th, 2013 at 3:13 AM.