Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Dashboard Gauges going out?

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2013, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard Gauges going out?

Randomly my dashboard will go out on my 99 Silverado. I am thinking this is a fuse problem but am not sure. If so, what fuse controls the dashboard?

Thank you,
Marcus
Old April 20th, 2013, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

My 03 is doing the same. Truck runs and starts great but I will be going down the road and dash will go out, all the warning lights come on including the antitheft light. My radio goes out and the locks dont work. When the truck is not acting up the oil pressure gauge is pegged at 80 whether engine is running or not. I think my dashboard is junk but not sure.
Old April 20th, 2013, 4:14 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

I don't think it is a fuse. The fuse is either good or bad it doesn't go back and forth. Now a bad connection somewhere could cause that. I would look at the switch that dims the dash lights. It didn't work well on my 99 either. Try moving it back and forth and see if that helps the dash lights.
Old April 21st, 2013, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

I found that if I hit the top of my dash multiple times then it will come back on, or if I hit the sides of the dash next to the clear plastic. There was also a charger cord stuck back there and when I was yanking it out the dash would go out. This leads me to a unsecure wiring, if so, where would this connection from wiring to dash be?
Old April 21st, 2013, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Pull the panel off around your dash and radio and your cluster is held on by 4 7mm bolts. Take those off and pull your cluster back and you will see the connector.
Old May 14th, 2013, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by msdj20
Pull the panel off around your dash and radio and your cluster is held on by 4 7mm bolts. Take those off and pull your cluster back and you will see the connector.
So once I find this connecter how would I make sure it is secure? and doesnt go out again?