Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Door chime stays on when door is shut??

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2015, 9:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door chime stays on when door is shut??

Went to drive my truck to the store to grab a drink after a long day. so get this, i get home, shut my door, and my dome lights are off, my door is shut, but the chime is loosing its mind. i open the door, shut it, and the chime is still on. i turn the key on, and then off, and i shut the door and it shut off. ive spent a hour trying to make it do it again and it is acting fine now. i wiggled the wires on the door, tried simulating it being loose, it wont do it worried my computer might be going out now..

any advice??

2003 Chevy Silverado with 138,000 miles..
Old August 22nd, 2022, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 89scottsdale
Went to drive my truck to the store to grab a drink after a long day. so get this, i get home, shut my door, and my dome lights are off, my door is shut, but the chime is loosing its mind. i open the door, shut it, and the chime is still on. i turn the key on, and then off, and i shut the door and it shut off. ive spent a hour trying to make it do it again and it is acting fine now. i wiggled the wires on the door, tried simulating it being loose, it wont do it worried my computer might be going out now..

any advice??

Did you ever figure out what it was?
Old August 22nd, 2022, 10:07 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 89scottsdale

any advice??

My 98 K-1500 doesn't have any of that; not even an ignition key bell. I like it that way. Less junk to go bad. I carry a spare key in my pocket. My old Jeep CJ-5 didnt even have A/C.