Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Door dent

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2012, 9:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door dent

I bought my chevy 1500 about 2 months ago, I was backing up in the dark last week and rubbed against a tree putting a good sized dent in the door. It is creased in so I cant remove it with a dent puller tool, and the inner door frame is in the way to try and hammer it out. any idea how much it is going to cost me to get it removed? there are 2 dents about 6"-8" wide and 3"-4" in hight for the larger on and about half that size above it. Im not worried about the paint, that will buff out.
thanks for your help
Old September 20th, 2012, 7:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if a paintless dent repair professional can get a dent out that has been creased. If not then it will require a dent puller. Old way was to drill holes, put in a sheet metal screw and use a slide hammer to pull it out. Modern way is to weld pins onto the dent and use a slide hammer to pull the dent. As you can see both ways are going to require new paint on the door. My guess would be around $800-$1000 at a good body shop.