Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

door lock/alarm issue

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2016, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door lock/alarm issue

I have 2001 silverado 1500. The other day i locked truck with remote. After an hour the alarm went off. I used remote to start truck and alarm stopped. Later that night it did the same thing again but this time it was within 5 minutes that the alarm went off. Since then my locks started getting weak and slow and barely work now. Locks now do not work with remote or door button. I do not have factory remote...just the remote that came with remote starter. I believe the alarm is factory as it was not part of my starter i had installed

Last edited by chinny39; February 12th, 2016 at 12:27 PM. Reason: didn t finish and press wrong button
Old February 18th, 2016, 4:56 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, the alarm is factory, but somewhere, at some time, your remote starter had to be programmed to learn how to play nice with the alarm system and the remote starter fob.

I've never been a big fan of aftermarket stuff. Whenever someone has a problem with their truck that has an aftermarket radio, remote starter, etc, the aftermarket item is most usually the culprit.
Old February 20th, 2016, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default must be something else

Really didn t think it to be my remote start. Controls on doors don t work either
Old February 24th, 2016, 4:21 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by chinny39
Really didn t think it to be my remote start. Controls on doors don t work either
When the aftermarket alarm was installed, it was obviously interfaced with the power locks, right?
Because you have lock/unlock buttons on your non-factory remote, right?
So therefore your aftermarket system is able to control the door locks, right?
So, therefore, if your door locks are not working, it's most likely a problem with the aftermarket system that's preventing them from working properly.

Only other thing to do is check your fuses and relays. They're in the IP fuse block on the driver's side of the IP. There's another fuse in the underhood load center, it's one of the jumbo fuses along the top row, RAP #1.

But again, I'll bet you $1 that the problem is your aftermarket system.
Old February 25th, 2016, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default hmmmm

Ok ok i got the hint...lol...i will check fuses first...and thank you...and if you are right where do i send the $1