Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Doors locking and unlocking at random

Old November 30th, 2013, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors locking and unlocking at random

hello guys! This is sorta long winded for my first post, but I need help.
I have a 99 c2500 4 door (old body style). For some reason that I cant seem to figure out, my doors will lock and unlock at random for no reason. I have power locks with keyless entry if that helps. It will do this totally at random, rain shine heat or cold. It will do it once, twice or 20 times at no set intervals, driving or parked for a week.it will lock or unlock as it sees fit, regardless of the locks current position.
So far I have: Cleaned all terminals at the battery. Pulled both door panels and checked wires from the switches to inside the cab looking for loose wires or possible shorts. I have disconnected each door switch thinking they were bad, one at a time. Removed the batteries from the key fobs, thinking they were the issue. Replaced the relay under the dash with a new unit. Im stumped!
Thanks for any advice or help, Dave
Old November 30th, 2013, 6:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Maybe some one near you has the same kind of remote? Not sure if that could even happen but maybe a dealership could reprogram it to a different freq. that's just a shot in the dark I've never heard of anything like that happening. I hope you get it figured out.
Old December 1st, 2013, 9:41 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Tfriend
Maybe some one near you has the same kind of remote? Not sure if that could even happen but maybe a dealership could reprogram it to a different freq. that's just a shot in the dark I've never heard of anything like that happening. I hope you get it figured out.
I thought of that too, but it happens when im 3 hours away at the hunting camp