Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

The dreaded wont take fuel in the tank thing.

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2016, 6:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The dreaded wont take fuel in the tank thing.

Bought a used 07 Burb, had a large evap leak code showing up. The tank pressure sensor was pushed out of the top of the fuel pump leaving the little hole that it pushes into open. When the tank was filled up at the gas pump it would fill up just fine because it would vent through that hole. Bought a new sensor replaced it back in the hole fixed the large evap leak code. However now the gas pump nozzle kicks off every few seconds taking forever to fill up the tank. I have replaced the canister vent solenoid, checked the canister to make sure it flowed. I blew air into the tank and the vent line going up to the filler neck had air coming through it. Anybody got a idea of how to fix it?
Old February 11th, 2016, 5:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

blow out the vent line from the evap canister to the tank.
ensure the fresh air inlet line and filter to the evap canister is clear.
Old February 29th, 2016, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

Still no luck on this.... Any body have a fix?
Old February 29th, 2016, 1:24 PM
CF Veteran

how did you check the canister? 98% of the time I've had these symptoms the canister and vent solenoid were packed with dirt and new ones took care of it, I also relocated the inlet filter underhood if the customer allows.

Otherwise start at the purge solenoid line and blow each line out section by section, something is restricted.
Old March 1st, 2016, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

I blew air through it and it flowed fine. Then disconnected the bigger of the 2 lines that go into the same side that I think is the vent line (correct me if I am wrong on that) and tried fill it up with no luck.
Old March 1st, 2016, 8:51 PM
CF Veteran

top of my head I can't remember which lines go where, Im thinking the small line goes to the purge solenoid and the 2 big ones are the inlet and to the vent solenoid. Might try unhooking all the lines from the canister just to see, do you use the same pump or station every time? Might just be extra sensitive pumps
Old March 1st, 2016, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Nope have tried a bunch of different stations, tried turning handle, pulling it half way out, all the way in, upside down, lol. I will try all three lines ando let you know.
Old March 7th, 2016, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

So took the tank out and found that the main vent line running to the canister had been smashed at one time or the other. Cut out the crimped spot and spliced it back together and poof problem solved.
Old March 7th, 2016, 8:44 PM
CF Veteran

ya that would definitely do it