Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Driver Door lock doesnt work

Old March 21st, 2013, 3:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Door lock doesnt work

I have an '09 sliverado LT extended cab. My driver door lock does not work with the button or key FOB. To lock/unlock the door you have to do it manually. When you mash the button you can hear the lock trying to move but it doesnt unlock. The passenger door works fine. I have seen some conversation on the forum with a similar complaint but no resolution. Anyone know what the problem is? Better yet what the fix is?
Old March 21st, 2013, 5:37 PM
CF Junior Member

replace the door lock actuator
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:00 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rdedwardz
I have an '09 sliverado LT extended cab. My driver door lock does not work with the button or key FOB. To lock/unlock the door you have to do it manually. When you mash the button you can hear the lock trying to move but it doesnt unlock. The passenger door works fine. I have seen some conversation on the forum with a similar complaint but no resolution. Anyone know what the problem is? Better yet what the fix is?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> rdedwardz,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue, as “xpeder” mentioned; this issue may be related to the door lock actuator. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis and repair options.

Feel free to contact me privately if you have any additional questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 23rd, 2013, 1:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

door lock actuator x 2
Old March 23rd, 2013, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
rdedwardz,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue, as “xpeder” mentioned; this issue may be related to the door lock actuator. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis and repair options.

Feel free to contact me privately if you have any additional questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Louis,

Thank you for your message. I just replaced the actuator and it seems to have fixed the problem. My passenger door is starting to show problems indicating it too, will have to be replaced. The dealer i bought the part from commented about how many of this part he sells. It is dissapointing to know that GM is aware of such a common problem. Clearly the actuators from the factory are bad.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 8:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the way i look at it; if small stuff breaks i can deal with it. When the engine and trans go bad, its a lemon.
Old March 24th, 2013, 1:17 AM
CF Veteran

every style/make/model has common faults, its the nature of the beast