Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Driver Information Center

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2007, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Information Center

Does any know if the Driver Information Center can be activated by just installing the DIC buttons and changing the dash panel to fit the buttons properly. I just bought an '07 Silverado, but I missed that it didn't have the DIC. Just checking to see if I can easily add that feature, I would assume the DIC option does not necessitate a programming change. Thanks.
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:02 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Driver Information Center

On the 07 GMT900 products activating the DIC is as simple as installing the buttons (replacing the I/P panel with the one containing the buttons) .
The wire harness is there and attached to a dummy plug on the back side of the IP panel.
Old July 9th, 2007, 2:01 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks, After reading through some posts I thought you might be the one to know. Thanks for your help. You would happen to know part numbers would you?
Old July 9th, 2007, 3:59 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You're welcome;

Driver Information Switch - GM Part #19159438
Old July 14th, 2007, 3:03 PM
CF Beginner

I just stumbled across this thread, does the above information apply to '04 Silverado's as well?

Thanks!

--Kevin
Old July 14th, 2007, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

I am not completely sure, but I think if you change out your current steering wheel for one with radio controls and driver information buttons you will then be able to access the DIC. The best person to answer is probably ZX1100F1, but he is offline right now. He is a very knowledgable source of GM products, I am sure he will have a comment when he logs on next.
Old August 19th, 2007, 4:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Hey, I would like to upgrade this as well. Is this easy to do myself? I am just worried about getting that part of the dash off and such. Seems like you just plug it into the back then, and it should work. Is is really that simple? That would be great!
Old August 19th, 2007, 9:32 AM
Ott
CF Beginner

All you have to do is to order the new dash panel (with the DIC buttons), pull the old panel off, transfer the lights/dimmer assembly to the new panel, hook up the wires & reattach the panel. It takes maybe 10 minutes max.

The panel on my truck was rather difficult to remove and reinstall, but a little patience and some "love taps" and everything was great.

Best upgrade ever!
Old February 6th, 2008, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

I posted an instructable detailing the steps in order to add the Driver Information Center to an '07 or '08 truck. Here is the link.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Addi...-new-Chevy-tr/

I hope it helps.
Old February 6th, 2008, 1:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Great information guys, I was wanting to do this myself, but was contimplating on taking the truck into the delership to have it done, cause I had no idea what went into it or what needed to be changed out. This post was very helpfull. Thanks everybody!!

Quick Reply: Driver Information Center