Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Electrical Issues???

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2013, 9:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Issues???

I have a 2005 Silverado crew cab 2WD with 95000 Miles. I'm having several issues that may or may not be related. Ocasionaly, my dash lights and radio won't come on and then may come on while I'm driving. Neither driver's side door will turn on the dome light when door is opened, passenger side works ok. When I turn the truck off with the radio on, the radio won't cut off when the door is opened, but does cut off at some point. And it seems my Driver's side A/C goes from cold to hot. Probably blend door actuator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old October 12th, 2013, 11:03 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

The first step is always to check all of the fuses. Next I would check both drivers side door switches. They give the signal to turn of the radio and the accessories. There is a timer that turns them after after about 10 minutes or so.
Old October 12th, 2013, 4:20 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by wargle
I have a 2005 Silverado crew cab 2WD with 95000 Miles. I'm having several issues that may or may not be related. Ocasionaly, my dash lights and radio won't come on and then may come on while I'm driving. Neither driver's side door will turn on the dome light when door is opened, passenger side works ok. When I turn the truck off with the radio on, the radio won't cut off when the door is opened, but does cut off at some point. And it seems my Driver's side A/C goes from cold to hot. Probably blend door actuator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum...
Sounds like you have intermittent connection(s)
Has any aftermarket items been added that any of the wire harnesses could have been compromised i.e. cut or spliced into ? if so start at those connections... If not:
for the IP, I would remove the panel and re-seat the harness running to it..
Its also possible the ignition switch could be flaky... might try wiggling the key when those items are not working...
if the radio is not turning off when the door it opened, I would suspect a bad door switch... I don't recall if the 05's used a jamb switch or if they use a switch in the door lock assembly...
Old October 12th, 2013, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice, keep it coming. Yes, I have a Viper remote start installed by Best Buy about three years ago. I'll start by checking the door switches and the harness connector to the IP. I did have the IP replaced under warranty about 4 years ago. (the speedo and some gauges were flakey) If that fails, I'll take it to BB and see what they will do.