Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

electrical noise when starting stuck

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2013, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical noise when starting stuck

Please help me i have just bought a 2008 silverado ext cab 5.3l z71 with 22,168 miles everything was fine for the first 2 weeks then the evap emission solinoid went out the dealer fixed that for free, but now when ever Im starting the truck even with the radio off I get what sounds like a bird chirp like a berrbeep sound over the speakers, I have also told the dealer that the alternator always sounds as if it under load it whines . The dealer witch is serpentini in orrville ohio says that is normal , other things that happen are when i open the doors the gauges bounce then when the lights in the cab go off they bounce again are the gauges supposed to do this ? Now there is oil coming down from the back end of the engine and running down the bell housing they will not fix either of the problem they are trying to claim that the oil was from a oil change but it was not there when i bought the truck and its clearly used oil coming from way up back of engine ..... please at least some feedback with the electrical issues
Old November 8th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ericpjones
Please help me i have just bought a 2008 silverado ext cab 5.3l z71 with 22,168 miles everything was fine for the first 2 weeks then the evap emission solinoid went out the dealer fixed that for free, but now when ever Im starting the truck even with the radio off I get what sounds like a bird chirp like a berrbeep sound over the speakers, I have also told the dealer that the alternator always sounds as if it under load it whines . The dealer witch is serpentini in orrville ohio says that is normal , other things that happen are when i open the doors the gauges bounce then when the lights in the cab go off they bounce again are the gauges supposed to do this ? Now there is oil coming down from the back end of the engine and running down the bell housing they will not fix either of the problem they are trying to claim that the oil was from a oil change but it was not there when i bought the truck and its clearly used oil coming from way up back of engine ..... please at least some feedback with the electrical issues
I am sorry to hear of the vehicle concerns you are experiencing so soon after purchase, Ericpjones. We would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation with you. Contact us via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com. In the message provide your full contact information, VIN and dealer name and location. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Erica Tiffany)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 8th, 2013, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i just picked up truck up today and nothing was done for the electrical issues i still think the electrical noise is from the alternator that whines constantly as if its under a tremendous load and nothing is on in the truck, like a diode is leaking and its back feeding they will not try another alternator on it to even try to solve the issues. as for the oil leak they just cleaned it off and hope it doesnt come back they seem to think that you can solve problems just buy staring at the truck they wouldnt even try to dig around and look for the leak , so after trying to get them to take the truck back since they wouldnt actually do anything but glance at the issues they were willing to give me a 5k warranty that they will pay for the deductible if the problems actually completely fail which i still think is not moral for them to make the extended warranty i bought pay for the the repairs since the peoblems showed up before it kicked in but hope it all works out ok