Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Security Re-Learn Issue

Old June 10th, 2013, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Security Re-Learn Issue

Hey guys I was looking in previous threads to see if I could find a solution to my problem but I couldn't seem to find a solid solution, so this is my problem:

I have a 2001 Silverado 5.3, I ordered a custom tune from BlackBear, I followed the instructions on how to do the security re-learn but the truck would keep turning on then shutting off instantly so I put my stock pcm back on. I have an aftermarket remote start installed and when I turn the truck on with the key, the security light on the message board will stay lit while I'm driving, but when I turn the truck on with the remote, the security light stays off, now on some rare occasions, when I would try to turn the truck on with the key, the truck would turn on then shut off instantly and the security light would stay on, at first I thought it was my fuel pump, but then I disconnected the negative cable on the battery, reconnected it and used the remote to start the truck and everything ran fine and the security light would be off. How can I possibly fix this issue? I love remote start and would love to keep it working without it giving me the issues that I stated above. That's what is keeping me from enjoying my new tune. I appreciate any help thanks!