Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Error Code #P1516 Class Action

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2015, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Fix for Code p1516

Ok, so as I mention in my last post, I am suffering through this dreaded p1516 code and experiencing the reduced engine power problem, it has begun to occur on a daily basis as of my last post....Go figure! Anyhow, I stumbled onto this video of a possible fix for the problem which I will check out later today and report back.

Old September 14th, 2015, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2010 6.0 liter 4wd crewcab with epr readout frequently. starting to hate it I think chev should do a recall and repair this at their expense. This may well be the last chev I purchase if this cant be resolved.
Old December 2nd, 2015, 3:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default Question

Originally Posted by Hampstar7
That is not the case, I got fed up with my truck and finally took it in to the dealer. 633 bucks later, They replaced the throttle body and updated/reprogrammed the ECM
So does gm replace it for free or not
Old December 3rd, 2015, 7:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

they did have an extended coverage if a p2135 was set. This dtc was fixed free of charge. Other dtc do not apply.
Old December 9th, 2015, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default >300 mi without 'Reduced Engine Power

REDUCED ENGINE POWER CODE #P1516
I've had this problem with my 03 Tahoe 5.3v8 for a very long long time now and we all know it is frustrating as hell! It has been an ongoing issue because it's simply doesn't do it in the warm summer months. The problem only happened when it was damp and cold outside. Finally I ordered three parts on Amazon $229 and had a local mechanic replace the parts for $65 and have now drove over 300 miles in freezing temperatures w/o the chime or engine light. Replacement part listed below:

Part 1:
ACDelco PT2628 GM Original Equipment Black Multi-Purpose Pigtail

Part 2:
ACDelco 217-2293 GM Original Equipment Fuel Injection Throttle Body with Throttle Actuator

Part 3:
Fel-Pro 61070 Throttle Body Mounting Gasket

I got these three parts on Amazon.com and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a difficult diy but I don't have a garage and not allowed to do my own repairs at the apartment complex I live. Anyway, I'm pushing 400 miles in the cold with NO'reduced engine power' chime or engine light!
I'm still half expecting it to come back, but hoping like hell it doesn't.
GOOD LUCK
Old December 9th, 2015, 9:14 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mudman99tj
After multiple winters (only does it below about 55deg) and a few different mechanics (each unable to figure it out) I have come up with a work around until it gets warm out or the next mechanic can finally find the real issue. I have figured out that it would always happen in similar locations which all happened to be a reduced load situations (cresting hills mainly). I have found that if I am always accelerating or coasting with gas pedal fully released it doesn't happen. I have been doing this for a few weeks with no issue (would happen multiple times daily) and I guess will have to continue atleast until it goes into the shop again next week. Ironically this reduces my gas mileage exactly the opposite of what this system was supposed to do.
REDUCED ENGINE POWER CODE #P1516
I've had this problem with my 03 Tahoe 5.3v8 for a very long long time now and we all know it is frustrating as hell! It has been an ongoing issue because it's simply doesn't do it in the warm summer months. The problem only happened when it was damp and cold outside. Finally I ordered three parts on Amazon $229 and had a local mechanic replace the parts for $65 and have now drove over 300 miles in freezing temperatures w/o the chime or engine light. Replacement part listed below:

Part 1:
ACDelco PT2628 GM Original Equipment Black Multi-Purpose Pigtail

Part 2:
ACDelco 217-2293 GM Original Equipment Fuel Injection Throttle Body with Throttle Actuator

Part 3:
Fel-Pro 61070 Throttle Body Mounting Gasket

I got these three parts on Amazon.com and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a difficult diy but I don't have a garage and not allowed to do my own repairs at the apartment complex I live. Anyway, I'm pushing 400 miles in the cold with NO'reduced engine power' chime or engine light!
I'm still half expecting it to come back, but hoping like hell it doesn't.