Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2013, 11:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Exhaust

Hey yall, i have been debatin what im goin to do with my exhaust. I have duals from the engine all the way to the end. As seen by my amazing art work I have an off brand aftermarket exhaust (pro flow) but i dont have enough flow!
I go muddin and i can hear my engine boggin down and being restricted in mid to high rpm. I was thinkin bout puttin and H pipe in but it wont work, so now im cuttin my cats off. Step 1 of my process i unplugged the o2 sensors (the ones behind the cats) to make sure my truck still runs right. Well my check engine light DID NOT come on sooo why?! Im wondering why isnt it coming on?, i dropped a rebuilt 350 in it so did i miss pluggin something in? Im thinking my trucks in one of those modes because the o2 sensors arnt workin. Please help before i decide to cut my cats off.
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust-exhaust.png  
Old March 11th, 2013, 9:48 AM
CF Senior Member

I don't know why it is not throwing a code, but I really wouldn't worry about it. Have you tried to drive it around for awhile without it plugged in?
Old March 11th, 2013, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

I cut the cats off my 02 Chevy Silverado and it didn't throw the Check Engine light on for the first month. I would say you will be just fine
Old March 12th, 2013, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah it runs like it has been since i put the new engine in, i think the guy that helped me with rebuilding the engine didnt program the computer right... the o2 sensors tell the computer if its runnin to lean or rich right? I want to cut the cats to get better air flow cause my truck bogs down in low rpm, but now im thinkin its cause the computer isnt programmed right.
Old March 12th, 2013, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

i think my truck is running to rich or to lean and the computer isnt correcting it right because of the changes that the comp cam, throttle body spacer and cold air intake make in the air/fuel ratio. does this make sense?? im just trying to think out load before i do something let try to reprogram or mess with the exhaust
thanks
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you have a cammed truck? of course its not runnin right. The air/fuel ratio is off. You need to get it programmed. My bro's tahoe did just that before gettin a tune for the cam. Likes to surge at low rpms?