Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

factory oem vs. aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2014, 2:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory oem vs. aftermarket

Hi, my name is zach and I own a 1997 k1500 5.7 vortec with 6inch lift. This truck is my baby and will forever be my favorite body style chevy has ever produced. I recently got into a collision on my front passenger side. I Need a new front end all together but I'm in the process of replacing the steering components and the suspention right now so I don't have to fight her mangled *** going down the road. Lol. I work at Mr.Tire so I pay a little over if not exactly shop price for oem parts. But would it be worth paying more for those aftermarket "performance" parts? I know the lift puts stress on pretty much everything but is it enough to make it worth going for the expensive ****?
Attached Thumbnails factory oem vs. aftermarket-20131214_183040.jpg  
Old January 21st, 2014, 9:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of the time oem is the way to go, but some parts are better than oem and address the problems that tend to occur. Moog front end parts are top of the line in my book for these type of parts